The analysis of the patients hair situation is very important. The evaluation of the quantity and quality of hair is essential. In addition, the length , density, texture and color are also important.
What to do before your surgery:
- A good night’s sleep is required the day before your surgery.
- In the morning have a good breakfast and make sure you drink enough.
- A week before your surgery, do not take any medications such as aspirin, anti-inflammatory (Advil, Motrin), all vitamins, herbs and supplements (Ginkgo, glucosamine) , soft or hard drugs and alcohol.
What to do after your surgery:
- Take your antibiotics as prescribed and if necessary the drugs against pain.
- Do not rub or scratch the grafted area. Don’t use a brush.
- Rest, sleep or watch TV for the rest of the day. Do not put pressure on the grafted area.
- Wait at least 24 hours till your first hair wash.
- Wash your hair in the shower with a gentle stream of lukewarm water, do not use hot water. To dry your hair, you can use fresh air from a hair dryer (not hot) or lightly pat with a towel.
- Regular use of vitamin B complex (2 tablets daily) and vitamin E (1 tablet per day) will help maintain the quality of hair and facilitate nerve regeneration in the grafted area as well as the incision line.
If you follow the directions above, your treatment will be much more successful and complications will be limited to a minimum, however if you do experience any problems then our team are on standby to answer your questions now.